For months, a debate exists in Belgium about the (non)existence of a national coordination for IT security. A good example is the existence of a CERT in Belgium. In September, the ISACA Belux Chapter published a press release (still available on their website).
Today, the “BISI” project is on its way. BISI stands for “Belgian Information Security Initiative“. The second phase started and objectives have been clearly defined:
- Information Security Awareness Forum
- Information Security Standardisation
- CERT and Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP)
- Information Security Legal Framework
- Information Security Education and Research
- Belgian Information Security Agency
Thinks are moving, that’s great news!