In exactly one week, I’ll fly to Barcelona to attend the SOURCE Conference. Flight and hotels are booked for a while, it’s now time to prepare to cover the event. The schedule has been published for a while with a good balance between technical and business talks. Here is my wish-list. I’m leaving Brussels early on Tuesday and I hope to be present for the keynote.
- Applied Threat Modelling – Live by Allison Miller (Paypal) and Alex Hutten (Verizon Business);
- Implementing a CSIRT – Lessons Learnt from Setting Up the Irish CERT by Brian Honan;
- ERP Security: Myths, Problems, Solutions by Alexandr Polyakov & Ilya Medvedovsky;
- Passwords in Corporate Networks by Carric Dooley (Foundstone) & Simon Rones Femerling (Microsoft);
- 10 Things You’re Doing Wrong With SIEM by Wim Remes (Ernst & Young);
- Jackpotting Automated Teller Machines by Barnaby Jack (IO Active).
- Smart Grid Security by Josh Pennell (IO Active);
- Hacking SAP BusinessObjects by Josh Abraham & Will Vandevanter (Rapid7);
- If Black Hats always win, why is Albert Gonzalez in prison? by Bruno Oliveira & Jibran Ilyas (Trustwave);
- Leveraging Social Networking While Mitigating Risk by Nick Copelant (Fidelis Security Systems);
- “Stratagem 1 “Deceiving the heavens to cross the sea (Using the the 36 stratagems for Social Engineering) by Jayson E. Street (Stratagem 1).
Depending on the network coverage, I’ll try to publish live comments using Twitter and post wrap-ups on this blog. I also hope to broaden my social network. If you want to meet, contact me!